In the morning the rain was pouring down.  We were trying to decide if we should gut it out and just go for it….hike up the mountain. I called Rifugio Tissi to see what the hut master thought we should do.  His answer was, “Do not come!”  It was snowing, poor visibility, and very slick conditions.  It was disappointing to miss another mountaintop rifugio. We put on the rain gear and walked around the lake instead, stopping for some delicious pastry in the heart of the village.





Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.